What are dental veneers?
Veneers are thin, custom-made shells that cover the front of your teeth. They improve the appearance of your teeth and are made of porcelain, composite resin, or both. Veneers can correct gaps between teeth, crooked or misshapen teeth, discoloration or staining that teeth whitening can't fix, and chips or cracks in the teeth. Veneers are durable, long-lasting, and natural-looking, making them a popular smile-improvement option.
Who are veneers for?
Veneers are for individuals who place a high value on their appearance and take pride in a flawless smile.
Veneers can also protect and strengthen damaged teeth, improving oral health and reducing your risk of tooth decay and gum disease.
- Maybe you've chipped a tooth and are done trying to patch it.
- Maybe your teeth have become discolored, and whitening isn't bringing them back to their original color.
- You may be dissatisfied with the appearance of your smile and seek a permanent straightforward solution.
How do you go about getting veneers?
The process of getting dental veneers typically involves the following steps:
- Consultation: Dr. Locascio will examine your teeth and gums to see if veneers are a good option for you. He will also talk about the costs, benefits, and limitations of each type of veneer.
- Preparation: If you proceed with veneers, Dr. Locascio will need to remove a tiny bit of enamel from each tooth in preparation. This creates space for the veneers and ensures they fit correctly.
- Impression: Dr. Locascio will then make an impression of your teeth. To fabricate your veneers, a mold of your teeth will be made from this impression.
- Bonding: Once the lab creates the veneers, Dr. Locascio will bond the veneers to your teeth and fine-tune the fit.
- Follow-up: Dr. Locascio will schedule follow-up appointments to ensure the veneers are functioning properly and to make any necessary adjustments after they have been placed.
Benefits Of Veneers
- Properly done and cared for, porcelain veneers can last 20 years or more.
- Veneers look amazing. Patients are often taken aback by the stunning appearance of their new porcelain veneers.
- Effortless – Veneers require no extra hygiene or additional steps other than caring for your natural teeth.
Request a Veneers Consult
Book A Consultation
Getting Veneers is a choice that requires an informed decision. Request a consultation with Dr. Locascio. Every case is unique. Dr. Locascio will discuss the concerns, pros and cons, and any other options that might be appropriate to your goals.
Does dental insurance cover the cost of veneers?
As a cosmetic procedure, veneers are not covered by dental insurance. Some dental insurance plans may cover veneers if medically necessary to improve tooth function. Always check with your dental insurer to see what's covered.
How much do veneers cost?
The cost of dental veneers can vary depending on the type of veneers you choose. On average, porcelain veneers can cost between $925 and $2,500 per tooth, while composite veneers may cost between $250 and $1500 per tooth. It is important to discuss the cost of veneers with Dr. Locascio during your consultation so that you can make an informed decision about your treatment options.
Perfecting your smile with veneers is an excellent investment in yourself
Cover up chips, cracks, stains, and gaps in your teeth with veneers for a more natural, uniform smile improving your self-esteem and allowing you to be more sociable and outgoing leading to improved relationships and a more enjoyable social life.
For patients who experience anxiety or fear when undergoing dental procedures, ask Dr. Locascio about sedation. Dental sedation helps patients relax during procedures. It can reduce anxiety and discomfort, make the procedure easier for the dentist, and allow patients to get needed dental care they may have avoided due to fear or anxiety. It can also be helpful for patients who have a strong gag reflex or who need to undergo longer or more complex dental procedures.